In the Classroom
CURRENT: The 92nd Street Y School of Music
1. Louis originated and continues to design and teach the Music Appreciation/History Program for Adults – Evening Program (since 1984), Afternoon Program (since 2004)
2. Louis designs and teaches the Music Theory Program (since 1986), all levels from Beginner to Advanced Form and Analysis
Click on the title of the section below to see lists of past lectures and courses taught by Louis at 92NY:
MUSIC APPRECIATION/HISTORY COURSES
MUSIC THEORY & ANALYSIS COURSES
Click on the title below of Louis' four-part Music Theory book:
BEYOND CATEGORY: MUSIC THEORY FROM BACH TO THE BEATLES
to see the Table of Contents and purchase the text.
1. New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies (1983 to 2004), Adjunct Professor
2. Marymount Manhattan College, 1984 to 1989 – originated, designed and taught the Music Appreciation curriculum for adults, afternoon and evening programs
3. Columbia College, Chicago, 1977 to 1981, Adjunct Professor of Music Theory
New York University Award for Teaching Excellence, 1995
SELECTED INDIVIDUAL LECTURES
Pre-Concert Lectures for 92Y Concerts – Distinguished Artist Series (three seasons). The New School, NYC – Tishman Auditorium (2x). Brooklyn Youth Choir. CUNY. Bard High School/Early College. Gruner and Jahr Publishers (2x). 92Y Lyrics & Lyricists… and many more.
If you're interested in studying privately with Louis, you can contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.