1. New York University, Master of Fine Arts, Musical Theatre Writing Program, Inaugural Class, 1981-83.
Teachers included: Stephen Sondheim, Leonard Bernstein, John Weidman, Arthur Laurents, Betty Comden, Adolph Green, Alfred Uhry, Harold Prince, Robert Waldman and Robert Kalish.
2. American Conservatory of Music, Chicago, two years graduate study, 1979-1981
Two years private graduate level study in composition, orchestration, counterpoint and form and analysis with the late William Ferris, composer, founder and conductor of Chicago’s William Ferris Chorale.
3. Chicago Conservatory of Music, Bachelor of Music, Major in Composition (Theory minor) 1977
Additional: Theory, orchestration and counterpoint with William Russo at Columbia College, Chicago. Composition and theory with Joseph Reiser, 1973-1976
4. Chicago's Bowen High School, Class of '72.
5. Chicago's Joseph Warren Elementary School, Class of '68.